Saturday 21 December 2013

Me time


These two journal pages have been  work in progress for some time. I started with good intentions with the base stamping, colouring  and the usual mopping up of excess inks. Then somehow the preparations for Christmas crept up on me.



I decided on a little me time today to add some bits and pieces.   A couple of Graphics 45 images, material scraps, die cuts etc . The quote  which is a bit hard to read on the photo says--Style is a simple way of saying complicated things.
I am still working out what that could  mean to the look of this thrown together collage page.
So with that in mind I only used two single words on the other page.  Memories and thoughts, two precious words that can mean so much to us all in many ways.

Thank you for stopping by, I do so appreciate you taking the time to  pop in.

14 comments:

  1. Love your "me time" and the journal pages are gorgeous and classy! I have bits and pieces and maybe I just should start adding them and start a journal! Love this and glad you found some time to play! I figure the next few days will be all abut finishing for Christmas! Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages Yvonne and it is always nice to do something just for fun.

    Have a wonderful day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have expressed memories and thoughts into these gorgeous pages Yvonne.
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful 2014.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pages are beautiful. Love all the mail art stamps in the background, too - very effective! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me time well spent Yvonne :)
    Have a Merry Christmas
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl after my own heart Yvonne. This is adorable and my type of crafting. You have left me wanting to see more.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pages Yvonne and such a good idea to take some me time during this busy time of the year! Memories and thoughts, isn't that just what journaling is all about.... Love how you created your pages and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pages Yvonne,lovely images and fabulous colours.
    Happy Christmas, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yvonne, glad you found some crafty time to set aside, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured such a beautiful feel to both pages, of memories and old style romance.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pages. Just coming around to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a blessed year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such great pages Yvonne, wishing you a very happy Christmas
    hugs and best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have Internet today so doing some blog visiting :-) love these pages, caught my eye as I was scrolling the long list of catching up required! Off to visit the rest of your posts now, have a healthy & happy new year

    Sally

    ReplyDelete