Monday 7 October 2013

Waiting for Santa



I was thrilled to be asked to do a Guest Designer spot over  at  Crafts -Too Challenge  You.
The challenge theme is 'Christmas Festivities' and the Twist this week is to Create a Scene.
It took me a while to think out what to do , but, I knew that this Crafty Individuals stamp was the one I would use. The Children watching out of the window, hoping to see Santa creates a scene in itself.
So for this card, I have kept to my love of all things vintage.
Using Embossalicious folders for the base card , one  layer was distressed with the edge of a blunt pair of scissors.
A couple of Spellbinders Labels, then the fussy- cut C.I. image. I stamped this twice so I could add the children as an extra layer to give dimension. This image was water coloured.
The tree is an Indigo Blu stamp, embossed with a dark green powder, the baubles are coloured with a gold pen. All the extra shading on the card is Vintage Photo distress ink, my all time favorite colouring ink.
The ribbon and lace come from my stash.

I will also enter the new  Crafty Individuals Challenge which is October.
There was a broad scope to this challenge and as you can see this card fits into preparing for Christmas

Thank you for stopping by to take a look, I always appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. I love how you've created this great scene with the CI stamp, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty, you have had a busy day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, I've loving the lace and that big satin bow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids are getting excited because there is only 79 sleeps to go!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card beautifully put together and such a lovely stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scene Yvonne, very nostalgic:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just adorable Yvonne!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful scene to have created and such a beautiful feel to the whole card

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your Christmas card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely scene - wow you're organised getting set for Christmas in October!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully put together card in such pretty colours. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely composition! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, brimming with nostalgia, it really is a delight.
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! The two children and the lovely background match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete