Saturday 8 September 2012

Fabrics



Another week flown by and time to tell you about our new Challenge for this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.
The theme is 'Fabric', you can use any fabric, but, no ribbon or lace.
Please pop over for all the details and see the fabulous examples my team mates have been making.
Remember our style is vintage/shabby chic.


I have used a patterned cotton for one of my layers with a piece of muslin behind the picture of the girl.
These are frayed at the edges as I am not that handy with the sewing machine. It is sitting on a shelf and one day I might surprise myself and give it an airing.
For the flowers I ironed the fabric scraps onto a no-sew material, this helped to stop fraying when I put them through the die cutting machine. I used the Tattered floral Tim Holtz Alterations die.
The swirls were cut out of grey card, it proved impossible to get material ones cut that kept any sort of shape. Trimmings are a materials from my scraps and bits box.

I am also entering  the challenges over at
Fussy and Fancy- Challenge 71 'Fabric of our Lives.
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge Recipe 88  is  Vintage toy colour. I hope the reds and maybe the greys  I used match colours from the chart

Thank you for stopping by, all your comments are appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Yvonne, it is a lovely image and your beautiful red fabric flowers compliment it so well.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Yvonne. Love the red fabric flowers, gorgeous with the floral cotton background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece with gorgeous colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of fabrics on this fabulous card Yvonne.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and fabrics on this. Not easy to get this sort of look without lace or ribbon for sure but you certainly have.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours & design.. love those flowers.. Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy... May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super dooper those red flowers are sublime !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful, the red flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Yvonne. Love the flowers.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous use of fabric, both in the layers and in those wonderful flowers... great to have you join us at Fussy and Fancy this week!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fabrics Yvonne! THe flowers turned out fabulous! I too don't do so well with my sewing machine...LOL. I tend to sew to fast :0) Sweet image too!!
    Hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete