Saturday 16 June 2012

Millie


Our new Challenge theme for this week over at Sugar Creek Hollow, is
'More is Better'. So, you can add as much as you like to your work  embellishing, papers etc. .
Remember we like your entries to be in a Shabby Chic, Vintage or Primitive style.
Please pop over and see what we have all been making.
I hope you will join us this week.




My card began with choosing an  image from the Paintbox Poppets CD by Crafter's Companion.
She is a little sweetie, Christine Haworth is such a talented artist.
I used a pretty pink paper for the base layer. Next a couple of embossed papers.
All the colouring  is Victorian Velvet Distress  ink.
Other additions are Memory Box die cuts , gems, ribbon, lace, flowers and some pins.
At this stage I stopped adding, although there are still a few things that I could add sitting on my bench, but I resisted the temptation.

Challenges I would like to enter are
Diva's By Design Challenge 39 Summer theme.
The Shabby Tearoom Week 18 Shabby Beautiful [ inspiration from the Photo].

Thank you for stopping by, I realy appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty Yvonne :) love the victorian velvet colour
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image you used here, and I love all the interesting layers, and pretty little roses. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Layers!! Love the embossing and your image! Gorgeous card!! Yummy roses and trim!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real cutie ! I know you just had so much fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card Yvonne the image is so prett and perfect for vintage cards
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful - love all the elements and your embossing folders (-:
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your shabby chic card, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My she really is a little sweetie such a beauty.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty image Meggymay and I like the shabby chic style. Sorry to hear you've been having blog troubles - we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card,love the image. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely image and a wonderful card, great textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is gorgeous...love those embossed layers!! The image is so pretty and I love the distressing in this, beautiful card Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete